Growth of The Macallan Casks
• In 2019, the most expensive cask ever sold was The Macallan 30-year-old sherry hogshead for HK$4.46M (US$572,000) by Bonhams Hong Kong. This cask had 261 bottles (HK$17,088 per bottle).
• Two years later on the 20th August 2021, Bonhams Hong Kong broke another record by selling a 30 year old The Macallan cask for £420,000
(HK$4.48M). In comparison, this cask
had 202 bottles (HK$22,099 per bottle).
Download Your Whisky Investment Guide
Start your whisky journey with us and speak with one of our specialists for a bespoke cask quote.
• Alongside gold, whisky is seen as one of the safest and most secure assets.
• In 2021, the worldwide whisky market was valued at $61.78 billion USD and is expected to reach $95.9 billion USD by 2026 (Global Newswire 8th December 2020).
• This entire market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.5% from 2019 - 2026).